With the safety and protection demands in society nowadays, it is not surprising why more and more people are looking for opportunities in the security industry sector. In order to meet these demands, the Australian Training Institute offers security courses in Brisbane that meet the high standards and requirements set by the government.
Why Choose Us?
Australian Training Institute ABN: 22149390616 is a Registered Training Organisation that offers nationally accredited and non-accredited courses in Australia. When you choose to participate in our security training programs, you can become a certified unarmed security officer, crowd controller, private investigator, aviation protection officer, or other roles that tackle security threats. Upon completing our security course, you can confidently step into a successful career in the security industry.
Security Courses We Offer
We offer a wide array of security guard courses. Below is an overview of these courses:
- CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations – This is ideal for individuals who want to apply for a Queensland Class 1 Security Licence.
- Crowd Control Refresher (3 units including HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid) – This is for individuals who are required to complete recertification for their Class 1 Security Licence
- Crowd Control Refresher (2 units only) – This is for individuals who are required to complete recertification for their Class 1 Security Licence
- Cash In Transit (QLD Class 1 Licence) – This course is for participants in the security industry wishing to add Cash In Transit function to their Queensland Security Class 1 licence.
- Aviation / Screening Course – This course equips you with all the skills and experience required to apply as a Security Officer at airports, port facilities, court houses, cruise ship terminals, theme parks and mines.
- CPPSS00059 Batons and Handcuffs Skill Set – This course is for participants whose employer requires them to carry batons and handcuffs whilst performing their security duties.
- CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations – This is suitable for individuals who want to broaden their knowledge in security operations and lead security teams in the field.
- CPP31418 Certificate III in Close Protection Operations (QLD Class 1 Licence) – This is for individuals who wish to add Bodyguard as a function to their Queensland Security Providers Licence.
- Dual Certificate III in Security and Close Protection Operations (Queensland) – This security course is a combination of two different courses CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations and CPP31418 Certificate III in Close Protection Operations.
- Security Guard Weapons Licence – This is for individuals who want to acquire a Queensland Security Guard Employee Weapons Licence.
- Weapons License Annual Renewal – If you currently hold a Security Guard Weapons Licence, then you must undergo this annual re-validation training to renew your licence.
- CPP30619 Certificate III in Investigative Services – This course is the minimum requirement that will enable participants to apply for a Queensland Private Investigator Security Licence. Upon completion of this course, you can work for law firms, corporate organisations, or animal welfare groups.
How Long Does a Security Course Take?
Our course duration varies depending on the specific SECURITY COURSE you choose to enrol in. Please see our website for more information.
How Do You Get a Security Licence?
Depending on the state you are currently residing in, the security licence application process may slightly vary. The requirements and processes to get a security licence may differ depending on the role you are applying for. Below are the things that are generally checked and submitted when applying for a security licence:
To be eligible for a security licence, you must:
- be 18 years old or above
- not pose a risk to public safety
- pass the required training course
You must submit an application form for the security licence you are applying for. Along with the application form, you must submit the following:
- Identification Documents – 100 points are required (You can find more information about this on the application form). It should include at least one primary document.
- Two Recent Passport Size Photos
- Proof of Completion of an approved security training course
The processing time usually takes four to six weeks. The only recognized administering agencies are the Department of Justice and Attorney-General, Office of Fair Trading, and Industry Licensing Unit.
You can find more details about the application process for each security course here.
How Much Is a Security Licence?
The fees vary depending on the security licence you are applying for. Below, we have listed these fees:
- $160.00 for 1 year (renewal)
- $474.80 for 3 years (renewal)
- $204.70 for 1 year (renewal)
- $609.10 for 3 years (renewal)
** Fees are obtained from the Queensland Government website. **
Enrol in a Security Course Today!
At the Australian Training Institute, quality is our priority. That is why we employ highly qualified staff who are backed by years of experience in the security industry. Our instructors are all licenced and hold accreditation from various security sectors.
Our courses run as a blend of face-to-face and online learning. We have pre-course training that involves watching videos, reading, and other activities. We also do face-to-face work where trainers will deliver activities in real-time.
Interested in enrolling in any of our security course offerings? Do you want to know what units are included in our security courses? Then feel free to reach out to us today! Call us on 07 3269 5005 or visit us at 7/51 Brighton Road, 4017 QLD. You may also fill out our website’s contact form and a member of our team will get back to you in no time.