Anyone who has ever boarded a plane has interacted with an aviation protection officer. To protect the security of travellers and employees, these aviation security experts are the ones that guide you through airport screening, perform screening on baggage, and keep an eye on airport operations.
Professionals in airport security have a lot of responsibilities, and their function is crucial. Many aviation security officers are interested in entering this fulfilling field of employment since they know they make a difference every day they report to work.
What Is an Aviation Protection Officer?
An aviation protection officer is a trained security officer who has undergone further aviation security training that allows them to operate in the transportation security and aviation industry.
Aviation protection officers can work in various positions within aviation security in the departures area as screening officers, screening bags, or patrolling the airport.
What You Will Learn in an Aviation Screening Officer Course
Understanding current security risks and threats and managing them is essential whether you work for an airline, airport, seaport, civil aviation authority, or other entity that requires security screening. If you want to be a competent aviation protection officer, there are many things you should consider and prioritize enrolling in an aviation protection officer course under the AVI20118.
Our security courses give students up-to-date knowledge of laws and tactics for dealing with current security issues. You may get training for every career stage, with lessons covering everything from operations to planning to management.
Aviation Screening Course Units
Participants who complete the AVI20118 Certificate II in Transport Security Protection course will be issued a qualification consisting of the following units:
– AVIO0015 Undertaking physical search of cargo and articles
– AVIO0009 Identifying and handling weapons, explosives and prohibited items
– AVIG0001 Working effectively in a transport security environment
– AVIO0007 Controlling access to and exit from a security-sensitive area
– AVIO0008 Establishing and maintaining a sterile sensitive area
– AVIO0003 Apply electronic metal detection
– AVIO0004 Conduct frisk search of persons
– AVIO0005 Conduct screening using explosive trace detection
– AVIO0006 Conduct vehicle search for access to security sensitive areas
– AVIO0010 Identify powders, liquids, aerosols and gels (PLAGs)
– AVIO0011 Manage disruptive behaviour and unlawful interference within a transport security environment
– AVIO0012 Manage the flow of items for screening by X-ray screening equipment
– AVIO0013 Operate body scanner
– AVIO0014 Screen articles by interpreting X-ray images
– AVIF0015 Apply awareness of dangerous goods and hazardous substances in the transport security environment
– CPPSEC3121 Control persons using empty hand techniques
– CPPSEC3128 Conduct security screening using walk-through metal detection equipment
– CPPSEC3130 Conduct security screening using hand-held metal detectors
You’ll learn the following in the airport screening officer course:
– Physical inspection of the freight and items
– How to identify and manage explosives, weapons, and other prohibited objects
– Learn how to work well in the transport security sector
– Limit entry to and exit from a location that requires extra security
– Establishing and securing a sterile sensitive area
– Control disruptive behaviour and unauthorised interference in the context of transport security
– Perform frisk checks on people
– Utilise explosive trace detection (ETD) when screening
– Control the flow of things being screened using X-ray equipment
– Examine articles by analysing X-ray pictures
– Utilise a body scanner to screen passengers
– Identify powders, liquids, aerosols, and gels (PLAGs)
– Vehicle searches
– Apply knowledge of potentially dangerous items and substances to the context of transportation security
– Control persons through empty-hand techniques
– Utilise metal detection technology for walk-through security screening
– Utilise handheld metal detectors to conduct security screening
You will need to receive an ASIC job-ready background check to take this course. Enrolling in the AVI20118 Certificate II in Transport Security Protection training requires a job-ready background since you need an ASIC card to work at the airport. This process ensures that this sensitive information is shared with safe and reliable applicants for the aviation security profession.
Who Can Benefit from Airport Security Courses?
All individuals wishing to work in domestic or international airports/maritime ports will benefit from our AVI20118 course. You have a crucial responsibility acting as an aviation protection/screening officer. Furthermore, the AVI20118 Certificate II Transport Security Protection will be required of all new screening personnel in the aviation industry.
Who Can Benefit from Airport Security Courses?
The transport security protection course enables participants with a variety of careers, including:
- Air Cargo Examination Officer
- Domestic Airport Screening Officer
- International Airport Screening Officer
- Maritime Screening Officer
Looking for an Airport Screening Officer Course?
Australian Training Institute is the perfect place for you if you are looking for a trusted training provider for aviation security screening courses. We offer aviation screening courses that teach you the skills and knowledge required as a screening officer.
Attend our courses and experience excellent training in an enjoyable environment.
If you wish to know more about our courses here at the Australian Training Institute, do not hesitate to call us! You can reach us at 07 3269 5005, and one of our staff will be more than happy to answer your enquiries.