At the Australian Training Institute, our aviation protection officer course gives students up-to-date knowledge of legislative requirements and procedures for dealing with aviation security issues.
Understanding and managing current security risks and threats is essential whether you work for an airline, airport, civil aviation authority, or seaport. Individuals who complete this course will have the general and specialised abilities necessary to work efficiently in various transport security screening tasks at important airports, terminals, and off-site sites.
This security awareness training course aims to give participants a fundamental grasp of the most crucial civil aviation security-related issues and a preliminary understanding of these topics. You can learn the skills necessary to help Australia’s border security by enrolling in the nationally recognised Certificate II in Transport Security Protection (International Airport Screening Officer). Keep Australia’s airports safe by learning to identify and mitigate potential threats.
Before using security-restricted resources linked to AVIG0001, candidates for this qualification must pass a background check.
Skills Earned from Aviation Protection Officer Course
By enrolling in AVI20118, you can learn many skills you will need as an aviation protection officer. Here are some of the skills you’ll learn:
– Communicating effectively
– Completely required aviation security documentation
– Ability to work in a team
– Identifying, understanding and following safe work procedures, such as how to handle firearms, explosives, and dangerous goods
– Carry out operational tasks by assignment guidelines
– Ability to perform cargo screening
– Establishing and maintaining sterile and security sensitive areas
– Restrict entry to and exit from a location that requires extra security
– Control obstructive behaviour and unauthorised intervention
– Operating aviation security equipment, including X-ray, walkthrough and hand-held metal detectors, operation of body scanners, and explosive trace detection equipment
– Procedures involved in the frisk search of persons
Who Can Benefit from the Aviation Screening Officer Course?
This course provides individuals with general and specialist skills to operate effectively in a broad range of transport security screening roles, including:
– Air Cargo Examination Officer
– Domestic Airport Screening Officer
– International Airport Screening Officer
– Maritime Screening Officer
Core Units of AVI20118
– AVIO0015 Undertake physical search of cargo and articles
– AVIO0009 Identify and handle weapons, explosives and prohibited items
– AVIG0001 Work effectively in a transport security environment
– AVIO0007 Control access to and exit from a security-sensitive area
– AVIO0008 Establish and maintain a sterile sensitive area
– AVIO0003 Apply electronic metal detection
– AVIO0004 Conduct frisk search of persons
– AVIO0005 Conduct screening using explosive trace detection
– AVIO0006 Conduct vehicle search for access to security sensitive areas
– AVIO0010 Identify powders, liquids, aerosols and gels (PLAGs)
– AVIO0011 Manage disruptive behaviour and unlawful interference within a transport security environment
– AVIO0012 Manage the flow of items for screening by X-ray screening equipment
– AVIO0013 Operate body scanner
– AVIO0014 Screen articles by interpreting X-ray images
– AVIF0015 Apply awareness of dangerous goods and hazardous substances in the transport security environment
– CPPSEC3121 Control persons using empty hand techniques
– CPPSEC3128 Conduct security screening using walk-through metal detection equipment
– CPPSEC3130 Conduct security screening using hand-held metal detectors
How Much Will Enrolling in the Air Cargo Security Awareness Training Cost?
Excluding the ASIC charge, the AVI20118 Certificate II in Transport Security Protection (Cargo, Domestic, International and Maritime) course costs 1250 dollars.
You should note that the ASIC or MSIC is not provided until an employer presents evidence of an operational necessity; depending on your employer, this may result in a separate charge.
The Australian Training Institute offers a more flexible payment schedule because we want to increase accessibility for individuals who require our courses. Our AVI20118 is eligible for a ZIP payment plan, and setting one up is simple with a ZIP account.
Licence & Regulatory Requirements
All new screeners in the aviation and maritime sectors must hold the Cert II TSP (Course code AVI20118) from 16 June 2021. If a screener performs other duties, such as an airport or maritime security guard, they are still obligated to meet all requirements for those roles.
About Australian Training Institute
Australian Training Institute is a registered training organisation in Sandgate, Brisbane, QLD. We specialise in training individuals in various fields, such as first aid, security, and business. Our nationally certified courses allow participants to acquire the information and skills required to succeed in multiple fields.
Our team of committed training instructors at the Australian Training Institute will support participants in achieving their professional objectives.
Interested to Enrol in Our Air Cargo Security Course?
Australian Training Institute is the best choice if you’re looking for a dependable training facility for security screening courses. We provide training in aviation screening that will equip you with the necessary abilities to work as a screening officer.
Attend our courses to learn in a productive, effective, and entertaining setting while receiving exceptional instruction.
If you wish to know more about our services and courses, do not hesitate to call us! You can reach us at 07 3269 5005.