Australian Training Institute is an approved organisation for the delivery of the Queensland Workplace Health and Safety Officer course. This course will provide participants with information and skills that will assist WHSOs to carry out their role and functions under the WHS legislation including:
- An understanding of the work health and safety (WHS) legislation;
- An understanding of how it applies to their role; and
- The knowledge and skills necessary
A person appointed as a WHSO by a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) is required to undertake this training and receive a Certificate of Authenticity by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland or have an equivalent qualification.
There are no pre-requisite units required to enrol into this course under the training package, however students must provide 3 documents as EOI (evidence of identify) as per the list provided prior to undertaking the WHSO training with us.
General functions of a WHS:
As a WHSO, your functions are to:
- Notify the PCBU about work health and safety matters
- Identify hazards and risks to health and safety arising from the work
- Report in writing to the PCBU any hazards and risks identified arising from the work
- Immediately notify the PCBU about: – any incident the WHSO is aware has occurred at the business or undertaking; or – any immediate or imminent risk to health and safety at the business or undertaking
- Investigate, or assist in the investigation of, any incidents that occurred at the business or undertaking
- Accompany and assist an inspector during an inspection of the business or undertaking
- Establish educational and training programs on matters relating to work health and safety.
A PCBU may appoint themselves as a WHSO.
Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Licence & Regulatory Requirements:
This course is not a VET regulated course, however, is accredited by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
Student Flyer (Download here)
Group bookings only. Please contact us for more information.
This course is not a VET regulated course. However, is accredited by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
5 days classroom + an extra 1 – 3 days depending on which industry you are in. Construction industry is 3 days, Industrial is 2 days, and Services is 1 day. Please contact us for confirmation on this.
Group bookings: Please contact us for pricing.
Fees include all assessments and resources required in the classroom.
Refund, Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with our refund and cancellation policy on page 8 & 9 of our Student Handbook. This handbook also includes more details on training and support services, as well as our terms and conditions.
Note for international students – we are not CRICOS registered, please check your visa requirements for enrolment. We cannot accept international students who are on a student visa if your visa specifies that you must study with a CRICOS provider.
We guarantee to beat any comparable competitor pricing (conditions apply)
Please contact us if you do happen to find a better price.