This course is for participants wishing to gain employment in the QLD, WA, NT and SA hospitality industry where service or selling of alcohol is required e.g. pubs / clubs, bottle shops, sales representative, wineries. This unit of competency is required by law for licensees, club secretaries, permanent/casual serving staff and security staff (whom delivers services in liquor licenced venue). Participants will gain the knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol, they will understand the law obligations, be able to identify to whom alcohol may be refused and refuse in a professional manner and assist alcohol affected customers. Job roles for this accreditation may include:

• Food and beverage attendants
• Retail liquor sales persons
• Winery, brewery and distillery cellar door staff
• Supplier sales representatives
• Licensees responsible for RSA Management


There are no pre-requisite units required to enrol into this course under the training package, however participants must have basic computer skills and access to a reliable computer with internet, e-mail access and a method of filming themselves.

Licence & Regulatory Requirements:

Each State in Australia has its own legislation governing liquor licensing and responsible service of alcohol.

(Click on the following states for more information)


Western Australia

Northern Territory

South Australia

Student Flyer (Download here)

On successful completion participants will be issued with statement of attainment with the following units:

SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol

Online/self-paced training (approximately 6-8 hours depending on the individual learner and their personal circumstances and other commitments) this training involves reading, activities and exams. You will also be required to submit a video assessment, demonstrating your competency in response to video scenario’s. Learners have 3 months to complete.



Combine with SITHGAM201 Provide responsible gambling services for a total of $40 that’s saving $10

Note for international students – we are not CRICOS registered, please check your visa requirements for enrolment.  We cannot accept international students who are on a student visa if your visa specifies that you must study with a CRICOS provider.


We guarantee to beat any comparable competitor pricing (conditions apply)
Please contact us if you do happen to find a better price.